Pharo / Squeak XMLRPC Project
Ok, I did have the push / or the shove coming in for the use of Pharo XMLRPC code with a colleague Vibhu M. putting in the effort to try out the old existing code, getting the tests to run on the first cut.
I have modified the XMLRPCTest and XMLRPCServerEchoTest to complete the loop.
Two issues that are from Komanche Server package:
BlockClosure >> processHttp
uses fixTemps message that is deprecated in Pharo, causes the server to freeze. Either run the server in a fork / or remove the call to fixTemps or override fixTemps to doNothing rather than the modal warning dialog.
This one I need nail it down, comes from some basic package one off: from:to: .. has the trailing colon missing.. probably in KomServices package, which I override by loading KomHttpServer later, This also helps in having HttpService available in order.
all in this order works fine.. guess should have it in ConfigurationOfXMLRPCClientServer created to have dependencies marked.
Action items are:
* make it work in a performant manner against Groovy with a seaside front end picking values through Groovy to various DBMS using JDBC DB2/ Oracle/ SQLServer and others..
* Make it complete with respect to prereq/ dependency loading, all corrections as reqd even for fixTemp etc..
Per se it is ready to roll out for my enterprisy stuff.. all trials/ POCs can role out with this to the extent required.
* convert to VisualAge..? or is it already available there..?
* compare performance time against direct DB connection for RPC fetches localhost
* compress the server sends to achieve some performance improvements with both client/ server fixes to do compress/decompress.
Thanks to Vibhu to get it going.. I was prevaricating on getting on this for a while now..