Nice progress made finally grinding through a whole saturday on this.. hope it should progress to a complete usable framework over the month ahead, with hopefully much of bugs/ issues ironed out. Will post the updated package tomorrow..
* Clean up of earlier methods to have better layout handling and opening the View
* ValueWrapper to give the ability to call #value: and #value for morphs identified and can be incremented to cover all known morphs therein. Single MorphicViewValueWrapper class to encase this functionality for now..
* Neater example of ComposedViews of most morphs of use.. replicated UITheme>>exampleBasicControls
* SimpleViewImplicitSpec example shows how to construct the view with just setter methods..
Need to plan for:
* Systematic build chain to work with , commit and test weekly progress on this.
* Better and comprehensive Test Suite ( copy from Sam Schuster’s run with Pollock )
* Make the framework rock stable in what it does for now..
* Provide for a template View Class generator to begin with and then
* Progress to come up with a clean View Builder.. that will be hard work ahead.. to get it to usably complete status
* Bring in the the fun of using morphic into the framework.. not the staid repetition of other paradigms
The first 50% of the way is always the fastest and the crawl starts right after. Discovering more n more nuances of the morphic system now.. viz:
* LayoutFrame and nuances of bounds, fullBounds, extent
* hResizing/ vResizing with #shrinkWrap vs others..
* openInWorld for SystemWindow forces a bounds..!..
* Theme as chosen from Settings>>Appearance>>Morphic>> say Watery2.. effects all UI, but we need an invalidation after opening it with World addMorph: aWindowOrMorph..
* Pluggable**Morph all of them do not have defaultBounds and Text** needs defaultExtent also..
* Pecking through TableLayout for all morphs with row/ column layouts.. to ensure a perfect WYGIWYWant..
* plugging in a ValueWrapper is lot more work.. but should be nice and extensible herein after..